Mediation May Be What You Need

It seems like every attorney is a bulldog in the courtroom. That’s well and good, but only if the case requires that aggressive approach. The fact is, many cases can be resolved through other means – means that are more efficient, provide a more favorable outcome and end up costing far less financially.

I am listed on the State roster for neutral ADRs as a Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of Practice for the District Courts. I earned this designation because I knew many of my clients could benefit from alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods. Conflicts like those with property owners, business partners or even family members could be resolved through simple conversations that are informed by what the law means and how a court would rule. Now, with more than a decade of experience in mediation, I have an arsenal of tools to help people to overcome their legal challenges.

Negotiate A Favorable Resolution Outside Of Court

At the Burns Law Office, I, Harry E. Burns, serve as a neutral in certain cases. I sit down with disputing parties (who may or may not be represented by separate attorney counsel), and I provide insight into how the law applies to their disputes. My mediation clients can then walk away with a legally binding resolution that more closely reflects each of their individual goals and concerns.

Mediation can be applied in a wide range of legal conflicts, including:

  • Contract disputes
  • Business disputes between partners, shareholders, owners and vendors
  • Property purchase and sale disputes
  • Construction and contractor disputes
  • Consumer disputes
  • Estate disputes

Mediation is not right for every kind of case. Both parties need to willingly participate. Digging in your heels and refusing to negotiate defeats the purpose of mediation.

If you and the opposing party each want to find a solution through amicable means, contact my office in St. Cloud. If you are not sure if mediation is right for you, contact me anyway. I’ll listen to the details of your case and let you know whether or not I can help.

Reach me online or by telephone at 320-252-8767 (toll free at 800-242-8767) to arrange a consultation.